MAC's Beauty Powders

First of all let me say that I find the name tacky. The name doesn't do the product justice, however. I was about to pass up on the two released beauty powders in the Barbie collection, namely Pearl Blossom and Pearl Sunshine, because I thought the effect would just be the same as any one of my mineralized skinfinishes (MSFs). It's a little bit different, though, and the effect is subtle but very fascinating and beguiling. It gives a tiny bit of a sheen to the area when applied, but it doesn't give a frosty look just like MSFs would. Just a subtle catching of light, a little wink, a tiny twinkle, not an all-out shine. I've been checking out swatches of it online and I couldn't decide if I wanted to get it, until a phone call to my local MAC counter revealed that they only had one of the Pearl Blossoms left in stock. I then knew that the last beauty powder was mine. I had it reserved and drove over to MAC to snag it. That's it. I'm officially done with Barbie.


Beauty Powder in Pearl Blossom front


open


on the cheeks as highlighter



Pureluxe cream eraser as primer
Monave mineral foundation in Teporah
Monave finishing powder in Angel
MAC Refined Golden bronzing powder to contour
Shu Uemura blush in M Wine 28
MAC Beauty Powder in Pearl Blossom on top of blush
Rimmel 1000 Kisses stay-on lipliner in Wild Clover
Milani Gloss in Endulging
Milani Glitzy Gloss in Lady Like on center of lips

Eyes:
MAC Beige-ing shadestick as base
MAC e/s in Ricepaper as highlighter
MAC Goldenaire pigment on lid
MAC Coco Beach pigment on crease and outer V
MAC Graphic Brown fluidline on upper lashline
MAC Nightfish fluidline on brows
Maybelline Turbo Boost mascara

No comments