Re-Visiting An Old Love

I'm talking about a mineral makeup brand that I've fallen in love with last year, but stood at the sidelines for so long because I'd been enjoying my newer mineral discoveries: my J.Lynne mineral foundation. I finally tried it again after so many months lying dormant in my drawer, and I am amazed again by the beautiful finish it gives. Part of it is because it gives the perfect balance of coverage - it is neither too light to melt easily off the face, nor is it too heavy to feel and look cakey. I just really, really, like it, and now that summer is done, I think I'll be using this more frequently from now on.

Here's another green look; the difference however is that I just love the creaminess of the new MAC McQueen paint pots. They (McQueen paint pots) are essentially matte, unlike the frost finish of most of the regular paint pots, so they really go tacky and make pigments and shadow adhere to the lid like they've been glued. I don't need to foil the pigments as they really stick to the skin, and of course the paint pots make the eye colors pop vividly. I just love these new paint pots. I wish MAC would come up with more paint pots of the creamy texture instead of the frost.







Eyes:
MAC Beige-ing shadestick as base
MAC Other Worldly paint pot on lid
MAC Chartreuse pigment on lid
MAC Guacamole eyeshadow on mid to outer lid
MAC Scarab eyeshadow on outer V and crease
MAC Ricepaper eyeshadow to highlight
Indelible gel liner in Endangered
MAC Zoomlash mascara

Face:
Camellia Rose skin smoothing primer
J.Lynne mineral foundation in Ivory Light Golden 1.9 and Light Golden 2.5 (60-40 mix)
Mary Kay undereye concealer in Ivory topped with
Bare Escentuals Well Rested
Bare Escentuals mineral veil
MAC Emote blush to contour
NARS blush in Sin

Lips:
MAC lipliner in Whirl
MAC lipstick in Mellow Flame
MAC lipglass in Lightning

No comments