MAC Antiquitease: Product Images, Swatches, Review





I was pleasantly surprised with this collection. With the onslaught of exciting holiday collections from MAC, I thought this one would probably be just a "filler" collection, something to pass the time while one waits for the gorgeous holiday gift sets. Well, I was wrong (again). The colors are so beautiful and shimmery, and the deep colors as well as the shimmery hues in silver and gold are just the right combination of jewel and metallic tones to herald the coming of the holidays. The collection likewise includes a sprinkling of muted earth colors as well so I just love the eclectic mix. It gives me terrific choices in the morning if I want to go either neutral or strong-hued for that day.

I think my favorite items in this collection are of course the pigments, being a pigment addict myself. Sweet Sienna is described as a dirty brown with grey pearl, and I love the fact that I can use this (and the other two pigments as well) for subdued looks as well as for smoky eyes. Your Ladyship is a pretty highlighter; it is described as creamy white with gold pearl, and would also be perfect for a lid color (usually the inner part of the eye) combined with a darker color in the crease and outer V. Gold Stroke is a beautiful, beautiful mid-tone chocolate brown with red pearl. This reminds me so much of the coveted and hard-to-find Coco Beach pigment, albeit the latter has more red undertones. These three pigments from the new collection are really my kind of pigments because of their versatility, and you can create a myriad of looks using these, depending on how they are applied and what base is used underneath. Pictures following this post feature the three pigments used with a mixing medium and used dry with Painterly paint pot as base.

I was also surprised at the mineralize eyeshadow duos. These are my least favorite products MAC has come up with because the past mineralize shadows appear too chalky on my skin and color pay-off was next to nothing. I used a base underneath the swatches I just made and was glad to see that color pay-off was really quite good. The bold jewel colors (I heard Mi'Lady was a best-seller) and rich earth tones are just way up my alley. I really like the mix of opposing colors in this collection. I used the mineralize shadow in Engaging today and I loved the shimmery gold in one of the shadows. Too bad it didn't show up well in the swatches I made, but really, this bronzey gold color is truly gorgeous. You cannot pass up on this one. Over the next few days or weeks I will feature looks using these mineralize shadows, partly for myself because I want to conquer my lukewarm reception of mineralize shadows. But looking at the swatches, I am really excited to try these out.

Okay, nooow the lip products. Can you say l-o-v-e? I love the deep reds, rustic tones, shimmery golds and rich earth colors that are part of every holiday celebration. MAC took every breathtaking hue that elicits thoughts and memories of loved ones drinking eggnog and opening presents, and breathed life to it in the lip colors. Gold, rustic copper, pretty light pink, deep plum, intense red lipsticks are complemented by mid-tone red, dirty grey brown with gold pearl, white pink and yellow gold lipglasses. Man, what more can you want for your holiday lips? There will be a lot of kissing loved ones during the holidays, so puckers must be truly dressed up for the season.

MAC has also come up with a beautiful, gold fluidline in Uppity. I cannot wait to use this as I know that this will really open up peepers and will draw attention to them. Dramatic smoky eyes are also waiting for Blacktrack, probably MAC's most famous fluidline as it gives dramatic eyes for the look of the season.

You think that's all? Even the tips and toes are taken care of by MAC. Gold Veneer (this reminds me of gold teeth - veneers, anyone?) nail lacquer is described as a tarnished yellow gold, and this one just blew me away. This looked sooo pretty on my nails and I will definitely wear this next. It really complements my warm undertones, and coupled with Vestral White, it is the perfect "it" nail combination.

So there you have it, my Antiquitease review. Watch out for more swatches and reviews of the holiday collection.





























2 comments

Karen said...

great review, swatches and pics!

i haven't busted into mine yet but am really looking forward to it.

so many products, so little time! :)

The Shades Of U said...

OMG, you echoed my sentiments! Took me 3 days to take pics (okay, 3 nights because I have a full-time job). Not that I'm complaining, though! :)