DreamWorld Minerals and Peppermint Patties



I just received some samples of new darker yellow-toned foundations that DreamWorld owner Ellie had just concocted for her avid fans (me included). She was so nice to offer them to me for free, and her generous samples are just SO beautiful. I do have my own custom mix of DreamWorld foundation in Theia and Tethys, but sunny days are here again and I am bound to get darker as the days go by. In fact, I feel that I am already darker and my previous mix of Theia and Tethys no longer cuts it. She sent me original Amenti, her new versions of Amenti (Amenti IV and Amenti V), plus a new version of Theia (Theia IV) and Hebe. Today I used my original Theia foundation mixed with original Amenti, and I thought it was a bit dark in person (I may have to change the recipe a bit, but more or less using the same shades). However, miracle of miracles, it still looks so luminous in pictures - not white, mind you, but just luminous and as the day wore on, it looked more and more natural on my face. I just love Ellie's foundations, they are just right up there, creme de la creme, I should say. I can't wait to try my other DreamWorld minerals, everything is just so gorgeous and softly similar to each other in shade that I think I can wear any of them. That's what I love about DreamWorld foundation, the shades are so forgiving and you look great either way.

I also wanted to have an iridescent blue/green eye look so I wore my favorite Lumiere eyeshadow on the lid, Peppermint Patti (a gorgeous iridescent green/blue/grey that changes colors at the slightest movement), coupled with Valerie Beauty's Papillon (a beautiful light teal shade) on the inner to mid-lid. I used a little of Valerie Beauty's Ancient and Bootcut eyeshadows on the crease and outer V. I applied MAC eyeshadows in Ricepaper and Nylon on the browbone to highlight. Of course, I prepped my eyes by using MAC Beige-ing shadestick as base. I also used Indelible gel liner in Black Out to line and Rimmel and MAC mascaras.

I used one of my favorite mineral blushes, Lumiere Cherry Blossom (I love all of Lumiere's silk and veena blushes, as in there are no duds; every one of them is beautiful IMO).















Face:
Camellia Rose skin smoothing primer
DreamWorld mineral foundations in Theia and Amenti (75-25 mix) (Luna formula)
Mary Kay undereye concealer in Ivory topped with
Bare Escentuals Well Rested
Joppa Simple Radiance finishing silk in Medium
Lumiere silk mineral blush in Cherry Blossom

Lips:
Almay Lipliner in Bronze
Silk Naturals lipstick in Bliss
In some pics, I added MAC lipglass in Bonus Beat (Heatherette collection)

Here's a pic of one of my more laid-back eye looks, just a combination of two The She Space pigments - a couple of my favorites, Moonlight Whimsy and Rocked By Love:



3 comments

AskMeWhats said...

hi there! really nice classy look, I like the simplicity yet, it looks gorgeous on you!

Anonymous said...

each DW post i read makes me covet it a little more! that's such a nice look on you. have you tried any of the toppings?

The Shades Of U said...

askmewhats-thank you, right back at ya! :)

anonymous- I love the cream toppings, especially Butter and Butterscotch. I think I made a review somewhere in this blog. I'm definitely getting some full sizes.