Testing Blusche Minerals

There is a mineral makeup company that is re-opening its doors to the public either this coming May or June. I was fortunate enough to receive some of its full-coverage foundation formulas to sample and enjoy. Monica of Blusche sent me two shades in two formulas each, and I really am liking either formula. I'm wearing Formula 1 in the following pictures, but Formula 2 is great too, the only difference I remember between the two is that Formula 1 contains kaolin clay and Formula 2 doesn't. I liken the coverage and ultra-smooth finish of Blusche to another full-coverage favorite of mine, Buff'd. Coverage is amazing and is good for those who have some blemishes to conceal, but it is not cakey and feels light on the skin. A very miniscule amount is all you need to achieve good coverage. As with all mineral foundations, a little goes a long way. Monica has a pre-buy brush sale going on right now, and she will be ready to open her cosmetics site (with foundations, blushes and shadows galore) in a month or two, so stay tuned!

I also wore MAC Heatherette Trio 2 for this look, using Nice Vice and Girl Friendly paint pots from the MAC Fafi collection as bases. I would have loved to go all-out on the color as the shades are just gorgeous, but I had to tone it down for work. I also used the uber-creamy Dual Edge eye pencils of the Heatherette collection. I used Fab Orchid on my upper lashline and I truly love how buttery the slip is; it glides like a dream and doesn't tug my lids at all.







Eyes:
MAC Beige-ing shadestick on lid and lower lashline as base
MAC paint pot in Girl Friendly on inner to mid lid
MAC paint pot in Nice Vice on mid to outer lid
MAC shadow in Trophy Pink (Royal Assets Holiday Cool Eyes palette) on inner lid
MAC shadow in V.I.P. on mid lid
MAC shadow in Cassette on outer lid and crease and outer lower lashline
MAC shadow in Baby Petals to highlight and on inner corners
MAC Dual Edge Eye pencil (used Fab Orchid) on upper lashline
Rimmel and MAC Zoomlash mascaras

Face:
Camellia Rose skin smoothing primer
Blusche full coverage formula 1 in Creme Brulee and Brazilian (75-25 mix)
Mary Kay undereye concealer in Ivory topped with
Bare Escentuals Well Rested
Bare Escentuals mineral veil
Lumiere silk blush in Au Naturale

Lips:
MAC Sublime Culture cremestick liner
MAC lipstick in Ultra Madame (from the Holiday Curiositease 3 Plum Lips)
MAC lipglass in Nico Now

5 comments

Christiana Divine @ Memoirs of A Shopping Addict said...

oOo... comparable to Buff'd? i'll have to sample this brand when they open! thanks for the heads up. :) i love your FOTD btw, you look lovely as always. :D

The Shades Of U said...

hi Christiana - I know you love full coverage formulas and I'm pretty sure you'll like this one. Yes, comparable to Buff'd indeed. :)

Anonymous said...

very girly, loving it!

btw, do you mean Trio 2?

Anonymous said...

I really like Blusche minerals. Especially their eyeshadows and the foundation with sheer satin finish.

The Shades Of U said...

mhean- yup! Noted, thanks!

Emelie: I have yet to try ther eyeshadows but their foundation is quite nice!