The Body Deli: Fresh Food for the Skin

Fresh fruit and glacial mud masks shipped with ice packs to maintain freshness. Facial cleansers that contain the heavenly fragrance of authentic citrus fruit and not some chemically-laden artificial scent. Glorious, rich moisturizers that capture the immortal essence of the rose flower. Sounds too good to be true? It's quite good, but it's for real. The Body Deli is one of those few companies that maintain the chemical-free concept for their products. If you are part of the growing population of consumers that want only the most natural and freshest products to touch their skin, free of chemicals that have barely been tested for long-term effects on the face and body, then it wouldn't hurt to take a peek at the products The Body Deli has to offer.

The Body Deli reveals its fresh concept and philosophy to potential consumers via their website:

The best comparison in explaining the difference between The Body Deli’s products and other cosmetic products on the market is to point out the difference between fresh harvested Fruits and Vegetables to canned food. Canned foods can sustain your body, but not in the same wholesome way that fresh, chemical free fruits and vegetables do. The mass majority of cosmetics on the market are “canned food”, meaning that these cosmetics have been processed with heat and treated with heavy chemical preservative systems and other toxic chemicals, rendering the valuable health enhancing elements depleted and/or essentially dead.

“Fresh Food For The Skin” is our focus. This idea includes the use of refrigerated deli cases to store and display our products. The refrigeration aspect further reinforces the perspective that our customers are buying products that are the freshest available.

Research has shown that in the absence of chemical preservative systems, plant derived vitamins, minerals, enzymes and nutrients only hold their potency anywhere from 3 to 12 months from the moment of harvest. Therefore, we have developed our production around the idea that making product in small batches is the best way to control quality, freshness and the vitality of our products. We are certain that the extra effort it takes for us to manufacture and market a consistently high quality fresh product in a time sensitive manner will be rewarded with an ever increasing number of satisfied, loyal customers.


If there's such a thing as made-to-order food, there's also the new concept of made-to-order skincare.



I was able to try their Sage & Grapefruit cleanser specifically for those with normal to oily skin. I have combination skin so I'm smack dab within the classification. The first thing I noticed was the smell. It was a sharp but pleasant citrusy scent that smelled anything but artificial. I never liked those artificial fruit flavors because I already have a sensitive nose to begin with, and the artificial part gives such a cloying scent. This cleanser's scent didn't turn me off at all. Second, it was a creamy cleanser but at the end of the day, it thoroughly cleansed my greasy skin. It left it really feeling clean, but it didn't feel tight on the skin. It thoroughly cleansed yet didn't strip the skin of natural oils. The after-feel is so luxurious too. It really makes the whole cleansing ritual a pleasurable experience. If you have normal to oily skin, I highly recommend this cleanser. It comes in an 8 oz pump bottle for $22. It might be a bit pricey compared to drugstore cleansers, but I really think it's worth it. Besides, 8 oz is by no means miniscule in amount. The company also claims that it has antibacterial properties and will regulate oily skin and breakouts, and it will shrink pores.

About the shrinkage of pores: I used this cleanser together with my Garden of Wisdom glacial clay mask, and I saw a HUGE improvement in the appearance of my pores. The pores are a lot smaller, finer and less prominent. I don't know which of those two products contributed to my smaller pore size, but I tell you, the combination is amazing and I keep noticing a marked reduction in the pore size.



I have been using Creme De La Rose and this is a pretty unique cream despite the fact that its name sounds eerily similar to that of a more expensive, media-hyped moisturizing cream that was originally formulated for burn victims. Maybe the similarity in the two is the absolute richness of the formula. Creme De La Rose is not your ordinary facial moisturizer. It is SO rich that I don't know if those with oily skin can use this. The website explains the product better:

Experience the fountain of youth in this luxurious and concentrated anti-aging treatment. Blended with the regenerating oils of pure Organic steam distilled Bulgarian Rose, Moroccan Rose Geranium and Sandalwood from India. Highly effective Marine Red Algae extracted Amino-Peptide chains help to diminish the depth and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Plus this cream is synergistically blended with living Bio-Active Fresh Cells of fruits and vegetables that transform this cream into the ultimate anti-aging and regenerating facial treatment.


This cream is as luxurious as the description sounds. It as an assault to the senses: beautiful creamy soft pink color, authentic rose scent, and rich cream that softens and keeps the skin supple even after you have washed it off in the morning. It is rich but not greasy, although, as I said, it might not be for very oily skin. I see this as a great anti-aging treatment for more mature skin and for those with normal to dry skin. I would still use it though because I am not getting any younger, and I would like to reap the benefits of the essences in the product. This is also completely vegan and would satisfy those that want to avoid moisturizers containing by-products of animals.

I have not tried Creme de la Mer but I know that it contains processed sea kelp. Creme de la Rose has, aside from distilled Bulgarian Rose, marine red algae. I also read that Creme de la Mer has seaweed (or algae) extract as well. I'm not saying that these two products contain the exact same ingredients, as obviously, La Mer doesn't contain rose essence, but it may be an alternative for those people who can't afford $125 for an ounce of La Mer. La Rose is $75 for a 2 oz jar.

Did I like the Creme de la Rose? I did, but I would use it more frequently during winter as I know my winter skin would love this. Right now, it is too rich for my oily t-zone so I only use it on my neck and cheeks. However, for those looking for an intense, anti-aging moisturizer, this would be a good product to try.

The Body Deli is a great way to feed your skin fresh, wholesome nutrients. The chemical-free philosophy is also a great way to try naturally healthy products for the skin.

No comments