MAC Cult of Cherry: A Sneak Preview



Here is a sneak peek at some of the products from the Cult of Cherry collection, out in stores August 21st. Let me say that I totally love the beautiful plums, dark browns and bronzes that herald the coming of fall. This is really MY kind of collection. I will most definitely be getting the Spiced Chocolate quad, Lightly Ripe lipstick, and Cherry Blossom lipglass, and maybe a few more. There is something totally mysterious yet sexy about this collection. I can't wait!

For more information about the color story and products, click HERE.


Tempting quad is a beautiful combination of frosty bright yellow gold (Sharp) with sheer yellow beige with pink pearl (Next to Nothing), balanced by the deep and foreboding hues in dirty chocolate brown (Dark Edge) and rich cocoa (Tempting). Sharp reminds me a lot of Bitter and Overgrown, or even Pharoah from the McQueen collection. It's a gorgeous, light yellow-green-gold to balance out the darker hues.


Plum de Bois is a pretty frosted deep pink bronze with gold pearl. It may look dark in some swatches I saw online, but believe me, applied with a light hand or even with moderate pressure using a skunk brush, this would come out very pretty on light, medium and dark skin.


Jampacked is a beautiful sheer grape lipglass with multi-dimension pearl, but it applies amazingly sheer and honey-smooth on the lips, evoking images of just-bitten puckers. So Scarlet is perfect for those who are determined to make their lips the only stars of the night. So Scarlet is a clean grape burgundy that would go well with Jampacked. Kirsch mattene is not for the faint of heart. It is a blackened cranberry matte color that can be as goth or as darkly sexy as you'd like. You can always opt to use a light lipglass on top to town down the color. Last but not the least, Creme Cerise is my kind of nude. I always hate nudes that make me look like a zombie, but the warm tones of this sheer yellow taupe amazingly take me out of the confines of the underworld and into the world of the living. I really love the freshness of the taupe, and the yellow undertones complement my own skintone.

Watch out for looks, swatches and reviews on these products, but for now, enjoy the photos!

7 comments

mandilicious said...

hey no fair!..lol..j/k..how did you get these early?

The Shades Of U said...

Hey Mandi, since we're just in the same area, if you want we can play with these together ;-) lol

AskMeWhats said...

MAC collections are popping out from everywhere!!! I can't keep track anymore!!! *wails* can I play with you and mandi too???? LOL

mandilicious said...

that would be a lot of fun!..i live in Chandler too..i live not even a mile from Chandler mall..:)

jing said...

the quads looks interesting, i was eyeing the one that had nanogold. i didn't know they released this collection already!

Anonymous said...

I meant to ask you, what would you layer over Kirsch? Kirsch is one of the colors I've really been looking at for the Cult of Cherry collection. The cult of cherry collection has been the release I've been the most excited about this year for MAC.

Gracie said...

Oh gosh! You've got the latest MAC collection! I wish I'm not on no-buy-mode... but I'm not giving in ha ha ha!