Coming Up on Shades Of U: Urban Apothecary and Earthen Glow Minerals





I had recently received these products from Urban Apothecary, and I must say that for a first time user of the company's products, I am pretty impressed with them. I especially liked the kabuki brush (oh-so-soft!), the mineral sheer tints (perfect for these hot summer days when you need as little makeup as possible), and the mineral matte bronzer. I will come up with a complete look using these products, but for THIS look, I used Urban Apothecary's Mineral Liquid Sheer Tint in 50-50 mix of Light and Medium.

I also liked Urban Apothecary's website. Clicking it takes me to this amazing world of natural botanical mineral makeup, anti-aging cosmeceuticals, and seemingly endless kinds of pigments and glitters (over 150 shades). They also have a wide range of eyeshadow pans, and you can customize palettes using these.

Another amazing mineral makeup website with gorgeous photos is Earthen Glow Minerals. I am honored to have been picked as one of the testers of their products that will be launched as part of the Grand Opening. I wasn't able to take photos of the soap they had sent, but these are the minerals:





I haven't tested these on my face yet, but I did some swatches of the blushes and I can honestly say that they have pretty shades, especially if you love shimmer blushes, and some really pigmented ones for darker skintone.







The reason why I lumped these two brands in one entry is explained in the title. The reviews/looks I will be making using these products are still coming up in future entries. I will definitely make separate posts for these two brands once I have roadtested the minerals. So stay tuned!

5 comments

AskMeWhats said...

I will wait for your review on this! :) Thanks for the swatches, lovely!

Anonymous said...

this is pretty! Can you also review your AL eye luster collection? Thanks!

Vanessa M. said...

hmm i have that green pigment! haha i liked urban apothecary, but not their customer service :(

Mrs. Lynne, MakeupFix.net said...

Oooh, very pretty! Thanks for the swatches.

The Urban Apothecary Mineral Sheer Tint sounds very interesting. OOoh,.. and SPF?? Yum!

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! Thanks for the swatches.