MAC Brunette Blonde Redhead Haul and Swatches Part I

Here are photos and swatches of my Brunette Blonde Redhead haul from yesterday, and some swatches of the products. I will be posting part two of the swatches tonight!



First, my brush haul. The 165 is a mini 138, seriously. They have the same rosebud-shaped head. I hardly use my 138 because it's too big for me, and this 165 is just the perfect size, although it may be a bit too small for contouring the cheeks if you are used to the 168 or 169. It can be used to highlight, apply blush or powder, contour cheekbones or to contour the sides of the nose. Love it!

The 226 is a cross between the Sonia Kashuk blender brush and the Japonesque one. The 226 has the same softness and shape of the Japonesque but has a fuller head like the Sonia Kashuk. They are similar but not identical. Here is a comparison photo:



I love all my crease/blender brushes! Each shape and size of the head would have a different purpose and use for me. I forgot to include the 217, but it is not technically a crease brush to me, but more of a blending/shader/all-around brush.


Remember my broken Blonde skinfinish?


Here's how it looks like after I put it together using isopropyl alcohol, now in the company of its sisters. Not bad at all.


Remember, these will look oh-so-soft-and-glowy on your cheeks when used with the 187 stippling brush. I just made heavier swatches so you can see the nuances of the colors.

I'm posting the rest of the swatches tonight!

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Nice swatches!

I'm wearing the Blonde MSF and Marquise D' lipstick today =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these swatches! I plan to get the 226 brush. Yes, I've repaired my powders with isopropyl alcohol many times. :) Works like a charm. I heard Henna is just like Sumptuous Olive.

mandilicious said...

Great haul! I tried repairing my fresh green mix MES with alcohol but it keeps on cracking..do you press on it, if so , how and with what? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your swatches,now I will definately go & get the Redhead&Brunette MSF,btw does Redhead have pink,If yes then I will skip it,pink doesn't suit me.Thanks

The Shades Of U said...

Phyllis- Oh Marquise D' and Blonde sound great! Lovely soft colors.

Liz- yeah henna is like Sumptuous Olive, but I just swapped mine away so I lurveee my Henna. :)

Mandi- I just applied a capful of alcohol onto the broken part, then lightly smoothed the surface with a q-tip. I didn't press on it, then I left the compact open to dry overnight. Maybe you didn't put enough alcohol in it?