MAC Hello Kitty Preview and Unveiling With Swatches

Finally, the long-awaited collection is coming real soon! I was invited to the MAC Hello Kitty unveiling at my local MAC free-standing store, and who was I to decline? It was from 7-9 p.m. last night. I was there on-the-dot, but to my dismay, I came upon a long line of excited MAC/Hello Kitty enthusiasts snaking around the building. I waited in line for more than an hour, but it was worth it! They also served cocktails (lemonade spiked with vodka, but I took my lemonade virgin) and bow-shaped cookies. I could not believe how packed that store was! It was as if there's no recession going on. =D Anyways, before I show the products, of course I had to present Hello Kitty himself? herself? Daniel Kitty? Whatever:




Rawr!


I love this particular "kitty"'s tan! Of course, the abs ain't bad at all. =D




The line wrapping around the building


HK balloons








Even the Apple guys across the walkway couldn't understand what was happening and kept staring at the MAC store. LOL










Correction: Sweet Strawberry should read Fast Friends.


Correction: Sweet Strawberry should read Fast Friends.























I got the two pigments and the glitter liner in Her Glitz (so so gorgeous!). I will be going back for the two beauty powder blushes and maybe the Tahitian Sand beauty powder. Reviews coming soon!

13 comments

xphoenix06 said...

Now those Hello Kitties aren't shy, not one bit at all! I've never been to one before..too bad they only hold these in their free-standing stores. There's only one MAC stand in my entire state! Looks like the HK collection is gonna be worth the wait for me! =^-^= Can't wait for the reviews!

Phyrra said...

Sweet Strawberry looks very pretty from the lipglasses.
The glitter liners are look cute. I like Girl Groove the best but I'm not sure how that would look as a liner... maybe do a dark grey lid with a light liner like that?

Shizznizzle said...

Wow those abs... *touches screen*
Looks so fun, Aileen! I heard that dude is supposed to be Hello Kitty's BF?

lol

AskMeWhats said...

I don't get it why HK has abs! LOL but it doesn't hurt you're right :)

Those are lovely swatches and I can take a pick on my favorites now just by looking at the swatches :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, these pictures actually helped me. I hate the, well, I guess you would call them the companies promotion photos? But these looked so much better, and now I know what I want for sure...all three of the brushes, beauty powder, blush, and maybe a lipstick. :D

Somaly said...

hey girly. if you are interested in some contacts from asia. let me know. ounsreysomaly.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Totally OT, but that Hello Kitty is so delicious! I went to my unveiling party for Heatherette and they have two nakee (ok, they had chaps on) guys dressed like Richie Rich and Traver Rains! We drank pink champagne and had pink caramel covered popcorn.. So, so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Looks Nice But I don't know when it will be released in Switzerland?The studiosculpt foundation & Red/blonde/brunette collection was released on 2 february here,Thanks for the swatches

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I *think* you got the l/s Big Bow and Strayin' swatches mixed up, and also Sweet Starberry l/g is actually Fast Friends. HTH!

Bella said...

I LOVE the dark blue green shade. I was worried that the HK line would be tooooo much on the pinky side of things. glad to see i was wrong!!!

The Shades Of U said...

xPhoenix- you can always order online if you find it inconvenient to go to the store. :) I can't wait as well!

Phyrra-Sorry girl, that was Fast Friends. I got a little confused because of the madness that night!

Nikki- Yup I wonder who thought of the wonderful idea of the Daniel Kitty with ripped abs? lol

Pooja- according to MAC, international release is in March. One more month to go!

Morgan- yeah, nothing beats the real thing! In the promo pics, Fresh Brew looked nothing like the real one!

Anonymous- Why anonymous? I won't bite. ;-) Thanks for the heads-up, everything has been duly noted.

Bella- I agree, the Deep Blue Green piggie is gorgeous!

Rebecca de Guzman said...

I can wash my laundry on those abs. :p

The Shades Of U said...

shasta- you crack me up, but I agree! =D