Milani Lip Series: Lip Mixer Gloss - Color, Shine and Shimmer



Milani has some wonderful products lined up for 2009, and I can't wait to share them with you all. I've been consistent on this blog in saying that Milani is probably one of the very best budget brands out there; the quality and color choices and finishes are just phenomenal. All these coupled with amazing prices, well, who wouldn't want those in this economy?





Let's start with one of my absolute favorite lip products from this brand. Milani introduces a really unique lip product, it is so much fun and to me it seems like ice cream sundae for the lips! It is called Lip Mixer lip gloss, a high watt, high shine gloss that features three very visible layers of different gloss formulas in each tube. Milani explains the layers and their functions to create the most amazing puckers this Valentine's day and everyday:

Much has been said about the perfect pout. It can turn a snapshot into a photo shoot. Milani's Lip Mixer color, shine & shimmer is all you need to guarantee a sexy set of lips. The unique 3-in-1 formula offers high gloss, reflective pearls and conditioning color with each swipe of the wand. Lip Mixer is quite simply supermodel lips at a breathtakingly beautiful price.

Lip Mixer - Three colors have been expertly combined to create one unique color. SRP $5.49

Features and Beneifts:

-Super gliding, creamy feel and non-tacky
-Formulated with reflective pearls, high shine polymers and conditioning colors

Layer 1 – gloss contains reflective pearls for a light-reflecting shine
Layer 2 – contains special polymers that offer a metallic finish
Layer 3 – provides full coverage color

The ultimate multi dimensional shine is achieved when all three layers are mixed.




I have tried these and I am very impressed. I am truly fascinated with the different layers; I stare at them in their tubes. They have a light scent that is not cloying, and I just love scooping product from the tube with the doe-foot wand applicator while going through all three layers. Finish and shine are amazing with these babies. I like all three colors that I have, but my favorite is Lip Mix, the neutral shade. I have it in my purse and it is my go-to gloss when I need to retouch; it creates sexy, luscious lips without going overboard. I also like the fact that these are non-sticky on the lips, but coat them evenly all the while giving a mega-watt shine. The sparkles are the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae. They are just gorgeous!



The price can't be beat as well. I am looking forward to trying the other shades. If you like high gloss on your lips without breaking the bank, I highly recommend trying these out.

Watch out for more reviews on Milani's newest lip products.

6 comments

Bella said...

I suffer. I have heard such amazing stuff about Milani, and in all of Seattle I have not find it yet ****cries****

Ideas hermana?????

Phyrra said...

Ok this may sound silly, but do you pump the wand and then apply it to your lips so that you get all 3 layers?

I'm kinda thinking Lip Fuse or Lip Party would look nice on me :) but I'm still shy of browns on my lips.

AskMeWhats said...

great choice of colors! I wish Milani would be down here, I'm sure it'll be a hit!

The Shades Of U said...

Bella-I get all my Milanis from CVS drugstore. I hope you have some up there.

Phyrra- lol, I don't really pump it hard; I kinda swirl the wand and scoop as much product from the bottom all the way to the top, but I guess pumping would be the best way to mix the 3 layers together.

Nikki- oh I'm pretty sure. Milani can rival the department store brands.

Karin said...

You know, I saw these, but didn't buy them. They look great when swatched!

Now MAC has some in layers too.

I really am impressed with the Milani glosses that I've tried.

Jannyjan69 said...

I have used Milani products for along time and have never been unsatisfied! Good product for the money