Purples and Neutrals Featuring Coastal Scents, Urban Decay and Bare Escentuals







I had been lemming for this eyeshadow set from Bare Escentuals for a while, so when I got a gift card at ULTA for Christmas, I went to ULTA in California while I was on vacation, only for it to be completely sold out. When I came back home, I headed to the nearest ULTA from work and was able to snag the very last one off the shelf! I am really loving the classic colors. I read that Madras used to be a coveted, LE color, and it was re-promoted in this set. I love the little eyeshadow "recipes" written on the front of the box.




These swatches were applied dry with no base. These will be all the more vibrant and gorgeous with the right base!

Here is a look featuring some of the shadows from this collection and Coastal Scents gel liner in Deep Plum. I am a bit disappointed in this liner. If you look closely, it came out really sheer on the lashline no matter how many times I'd reapplied it. I don't know if it was because of the gel liner itself or the brush that I used (Coastal Scents' angled eyeliner brush), but I couldn't build the color at all. I had a bit of success when I patted the color instead of gliding it on, but it was still disappointing. Oh well. It can be a great base, though, just not the eyeliner color I was going for. I lined my lower lashline using Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in Lust.

On the other hand, I am loving the Pure Pleasures shadows. I used Shantung dry because I had wanted a sheer color on the lids, and it is just the perfect sheer wine color I'd been going for. I used Pamper on the lids, and Cultured Pearl on the inner to mid-lid and to highlight.













For the face, I used Earthen Glow mineral foundation in Yuan Yuan, topped with Aromaleigh Illuminating Finishing Powder in Rose. I used my Lumiere silk blush (mineral blush) in Au Naturale. I just LOVE Lumiere's blushes! They are never splotchy and are actually better than many traditional blushes I've tried. I love the subtle glow as well. People should go and try mineral makeup and get out of their comfort zones, as these products are sometimes better than some known brands for a fraction of the price.

For the lips, I used MAC lipliner in Whirl, MAC Hug Me lipstick, and MAC Date Night dazzleglass.

4 comments

AskMeWhats said...

Bare Minerals was the first mineral foundation I've tried, I can't believe I haven't tried their e/s! :) Thanks for the lovely makeup, i'm excited for Deep Plum :)

Crystal Gale said...

sis aileen, BE is still one of the best brands of MMU e/s..they are so pigmented even when applied dry :)

i love this look for you..so fresh :)

Anonymous said...

Oh you got me lemming this BE stuff, is the quality better than EG Minerals or Aromaleigh? PS: Which is your favorite AL eye collection btw?

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your posts. This is my second comment since reading this year, and I want to thank you for introducing me to Aromaleigh. I just sent my second order in. BE is probably my least favorite at this point, although I like some colors, but for the money, the independent companies are better in my opinion. Have you tried Face Front? That is my next company to try. I think we should support the independent women in business!