MAC Thunder Eyes Quad and Earthen Glow Minerals



I've been re-discovering my MAC quads, and so I used my Thunder Eyes, and I'd forgotten how pretty the colors looked. Rye had gotten a little beat up because I tried to de-quad it, so I had to add a few drops of 70% isopropyl alcohol to hold it together. In the picture, the alcohol was still moist in the product, but upon airing it out overnight, it looked a lot better. I used Rye and Scarab more in this look, but Thunder and Sketch are also a beautiful combination. Scarab can rival other olive-green eyeshadows as it has gorgeous nuances. I think Thunder Eyes is one of MAC's prettiest quads. In fact, I believe the quads that were released last year and the year before were better in terms of texture and color pay-off compared to those quads/trios released this year, namely those from Fafi and Heatherette, though I think Heatherette was better than Fafi.



In THIS entry, I talked about some samples that I'd received from Earthen Glow Minerals. I really didn't expect much from the samples I'd received, but I was honestly blown away by how good the foundation looked, and some people say that this is one of their favorite foundations on me. Too bad I only have a sample and can't get a full size jar because the online store is still closed for now, but I can honestly say that I really like the foundation (EDIT: Earthen Glow Minerals online store is now OPEN, so check it out!). It has the right amount of coverage I want, looks creamy, and the best part is that I have found my perfect match in Janelle. I don't need to mix in this brand, which cuts down application time tremendously. The blushes are also beautiful and have pretty shimmer so you don't need to add glows if you want shimmery cheeks. I think one needs to check out their online store once it is up. They have some of the prettiest product photos I've seen, and the colors really look enticing.





I wore Earthen Glow Minerals foundation in Janelle. On my cheeks I used MAC mineralize blush in Warm Soul. On my lips, I used Aromaleigh Color Infusion Botanical lipstick in Tender, topped with Lumiere lumi lips lipgloss in Tootsie.

9 comments

AskMeWhats said...

Hey Aileen, I love the foundation on you, it look so NATURAL!!!! And I love the quad! It's great to rediscover whatever products you have from the past :)

Anonymous said...

Definitely your best foundation match so far! I love the creamy finish. Can you please provide the ingredient list for Earthen Glow's foundation? I can't wait for their store to open. Thanks!

Rebecca de Guzman said...

I second that, it's the best foundie I've seen on you so far! PERFECT match!

virus_insanity said...

I'm linking to your blog on my blog, Neon Makeup. If you would like to like back to me, I would appreciate it! http://neonbeauty.blogspot.com/

The Shades Of U said...

Thank you ladies, I totally agree that this is one of the best foundations I've tried. It totally looks so natural.

alicia-I'll post the exact ingredients of Earthen Glow minerals on this blog as soon as their website is up.

Crystal Gale said...

sis aileen, i agree with them..out of the foundations you've wore, this is the most natural looking and the most exact in matching your shade..it doesn't look made up...you look younger too! can't wait for more of your reviews on this brand :)

The Shades Of U said...

Aww thanks sis gale! Your opinion matters and thanks for letting me know. :)

simisimi said...

wow! that's sounds great!
what are you doing to me?? LOL

simisimi said...

wow! that's sounds great!
what are you doing to me?? LOL